One of the most crucial things we can do as parents and educators is to help our children develop a love of learning. In all honesty, I was not always the greatest student; however, one thing that I have always loved to do is read. Reading allowed me to think outside of my life experiences and ponder experiences that were different than mine. Literature made me want to travel and has informed my world view.
The best thing about being an educator is that I get a chance to celebrate the joy of reading with students. Next week is Read Across America Week. This celebration of reading coincides with Dr. Seuss’s birthday (March 2nd.) — and at Steele, we’ll be celebrating Dr. Seuss’s legacy all week. See details below.
March 2 is Dr. Seuss’s birthday! Let’s celebrate his wacky and wonderful legacy for a whole week! Next week, come to school in your best Seuss gear.
- Monday, 027/27: Fox in Socks – wear mismatched or silly socks
- Tuesday, 02/28: Green Eggs and Ham – wear green
- Wednesday, 03/01: Wacky Wednesday – wear mismatched, inside out, or backwards clothes
- Thursday, 03/02: The Cat in the Hat – wear your favorite hat
- Friday, 03/03: Oh, the Places You’ll Go – wear your favorite college shirt
And don’t forget to READ, READ, READ!