If you are interested in working closely with the staff on how to make continuous improvements at Steele, you should nominate yourself for the Collaborative School Committee (CSC). This group offers parent insight and support in making key decisions that impact our school. If you are interested in serving in this capacity, please click here for the nomination form. The deadline for submission of the nomination form is Friday, April 20, 2018. You can get more information or submit the form via email to Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Curious about CSC? Meetings are open to all – the next one is on Tuesday April 10 at 4:30 pm.
|Cindy Kapeller||Staff Member – Principal|
|Jen Olson||Parent Member|
|Nikki Dawson||Parent Member|
|Stacy Crum Duran||Parent Member|
|Jenine Camins||Parent Member|
|Miriam Ungar||Staff Member|
|Marlene DeFranco||Staff Member|
|Brad Summerville||Staff Member|
|Christy Feller||Staff Member|
|Carissa Travis||Staff Member|
The CSC welcomes your suggestions, questions, and concerns. Please contact Cindy Kapeller.
|September 12, 2017||CSC Meeting Minutes – September 2017|
|October 10, 2017||CSC Meeting Minutes – October 2017|
|November 14, 2017||CSC Meeting Minutes – November 2017|
|January 9, 2018||CSC Meeting Minutes – January 2018|
|February 13, 2018||CSC Meeting Minutes – February 2018|
|March 13, 2018||CSC Meeting Minutes – March 2018|
|April 10, 2018||CSC Meeting Minutes – April 2018|
Based on this charge, the CSC role is accountability focused on the following areas:
The CSC duties include:
- Unified Improvement Plan (UIP) (Achievement Data, Goal Setting, Strategies, and Implementation) UIP Documents
- Staffing Allocations – Assist the principal by making recommendations concerning the use of the staffing allocations provided to the school by the Board of Education
- Annual School Budget – Reviewing and approving the annual school budget according to district guidelines that supports the objectives of the UIP
- Calendar and/or Schedule – Making recommendations related to achieving school goals
- Academic Issues (including related policies and procedures) – Gather input from Steele parents, teachers, and community members and discuss and make recommendations on academic issues as appropriate
The CSC will not:
- Participate in the day-to-day operations of the school.
- Be involved in issues relating to individuals (staff, students, or parents) within the school.
- Be involved in personnel issues (School Personnel Committee will stand alone in the current DPS/DCTA contract).
Specific Details on the CSC duties and responsibilities are outlined in the following documents:
CSC Make-up and Selection Process
The CSC is an elected school-based advisory board at Steele Elementary School. Members of the CSC serve a 2-year term and include the principal, 4 Teachers, 4 Parents, 1 classified employee, and a Business/Community Representative.
- The principal of the school;
- Four (4) teachers, elected by majority vote of the faculty in the school
- Four (4) parents or guardians of a student enrolled in the school, elected by majority of voting parents with children in the school;
- One (1) classified employee, elected by majority vote of the classified employees in the school
- One (1) business/employer or community representative from the local community nominated by a member of the CSC and approved by the other members of the CSC;
Elections for Parent and Teacher positions are held each year with two positions in each group being elected. This ensures that there will be at least two members from these groups with a previous years’ experience to ensure continuity on the committee.