|Marti Rosenberg||Staff Member – Principal|
|Tawny Becker||Parent Member|
|Jake Dresden||Parent Member|
|Elizabeth Valeski||Parent Member|
|Ali Sweeney||Parent Member|
|Carissa Travis||Staff Member|
|Brad Summerville||Staff Member|
|Lane Miller||Staff Member|
The CSC welcomes your suggestions, questions, and concerns. Please contact Marti Rosenberg.
To increase school community involvement with the CSC, we have an open discussion period during each meeting. If you have an item you feel needs to be added to the meeting agenda, please contact Marti Rosenberg at least a week prior to the scheduled meeting, to discuss and give us time to manage the agenda.
Based on this charge, the CSC role is accountability focused on the following areas:
The CSC duties include:
- Unified Improvement Plan (UIP) (Achievement Data, Goal Setting, Strategies, and Implementation) UIP Documents
- Staffing Allocations – Assist the principal by making recommendations concerning the use of the staffing allocations provided to the school by the Board of Education
- Annual School Budget – Reviewing and approving the annual school budget according to district guidelines that supports the objectives of the UIP
- Calendar and/or Schedule – Making recommendations related to achieving school goals
- Academic Issues (including related policies and procedures) – Gather input from Steele parents, teachers, and community members and discuss and make recommendations on academic issues as appropriate
The CSC will not:
- Participate in the day-to-day operations of the school.
- Be involved in issues relating to individuals (staff, students, or parents) within the school.
- Be involved in personnel issues (School Personnel Committee will stand alone in the current DPS/DCTA contract).
Specific Details on the CSC duties and responsibilities are outlined in the following documents:
CSC Make-up and Selection Process
The CSC is an elected school-based advisory board at Steele Elementary School. Members of the CSC serve a 2-year term and include the principal, 4 Teachers, 4 Parents, 1 classified employee, and a Business/Community Representative.
- The principal of the school;
- Four (4) teachers, elected by majority vote of the faculty in the school
- Four (4) parents or guardians of a student enrolled in the school, elected by majority of voting parents with children in the school;
- One (1) classified employee, elected by majority vote of the classified employees in the school
- One (1) business/employer or community representative from the local community nominated by a member of the CSC and approved by the other members of the CSC;
Elections for Parent and Teacher positions are held each year with two positions in each group being elected. This ensures that there will be at least two members from these groups with a previous years’ experience to ensure continuity on the committee.
- 2017-2018 – Unified Improvement Plan (UIP)
- 2018 School Performance Framework (SPF)
- Colorado Department of Education Data & Accountablility
- Glossary of Terms
- Denver Public Schools Core Standards