As we begin in-person learning, it is important to screen your student each day before coming to school and complete the Safe Access screening tool for COVID19 symptoms. Save it to the homescreen on your phone and set a reminder to complete it every morning before school.
If your student has any of the following symptoms, keep them home:
-Runny nose or congestion
-Muscle or body aches
-Feverish, chills, or temperature of 100.4 or greater
-Loss of taste or smell
-New or unexplained persistent cough
-shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
Please review this document from the CDPHE for more guidance.
***A parent/guardian has the option to initiate a school-based health center telemedicine appointment at 303-602-8958 that is FREE for all DPS students
RETURN TO SCHOOL PROTOCOLS
Return to school after No COVID Test:
- The initial symptom lasted less than 48 hrs (2days) AND there are no symptoms for 24 hours (1 day) without medicine OR
- At least 10 days since symptoms appeared AND symptoms resolving AND no fever for 24 hours without medicine OR
- There is a known medical diagnosis to explain symptoms (i.e., chronic condition, allergies, asthma, viral illness, strep or other – this may require a doctor’s note)
Return to school after Negative COVID Test:
- No fever for 24 hours without medicine and no symptoms AND
- There is a known medical diagnosis to explain symptoms (i.e., chronic condition, allergies, asthma, viral illness, strep or other)
Return to school after Positive COVID Test:
- No fever for 24 hours without medication AND other symptoms have improved AND
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared or since the first date of the test (if asymptomatic)
Thank you for your cooperation. Our goal is to keep our students and community healthy and safe for the 2020-2021 school year!
Please call the school nurse with further questions. Andrea (Andy) Dite, RN, BSN 720-424-3724