Dear Steele families,
Thank you to Edelina Burciaga for hosting a family education evening after our PTA meeting this week! She shared great resources for continuing our own antiracist education and for how to have race conscious conversations with our kids. You can find her presentation with all the links here. To learn more about Steele’s equity work you can review our slides from last night here.
Earlier this week I met with my supervisor and other district support partners to discuss Steele’s academic data. I was informed that Steele’s data is a “bright spot” in the district right now. This is due to the incredible effort of our staff to ensure that even during these uncertain times all of our students are learning and growing. I couldn’t be more proud of our amazing team!
This week our school had our first case of COVID-19. While this news may have caused some concern, I can assure you that we are taking every precaution to ensure our students are safe and healthy. Here are some reminders for how you can help too:
- Fill out the Safe Access health screen every day!
- If your child has any symptoms keep them at home. Students must be symptom free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Consider a voluntary quarantine if you and your family travel over the holidays.
- Let us know immediately if anyone in your household has had close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Make sure your child’s mask fits properly.
If a student needs to be out because they have minor symptoms or need to quarantine, they have the option of joining remotely so they are not marked absent. Students who are out of school for other reasons, such as travel or vacation, may not join our virtual classes.
Check out this week’s Caught in the Act Winners