Dear Steele families,
The first week back in person has been an incredible success! Students are so happy and excited to be back. They’ve done a great job following our safety protocols and respecting social distancing expectations. More importantly, they are engaged in fantastic learning experiences!
Thank you for your patience as we work through challenges with live streaming. We have had some technical issues and teachers have needed to spend a lot of time on safety protocols which aren’t very relevant to our remote students. As we continue to get into the swing of things we are confident that the remote experience will continue to improve.
Live streaming instruction is not easy. It’s basically teaching two separate classes at the same time and twice the amount of work. At our CSC and PTA meetings this week we talked about ways we can support our staff. If you missed those meetings here are some of the suggestions:
- Email Marti instead of your child’s teacher with any concerns.
- Email the office and your child’s teacher if you need to join the virtual group. Students should only join the virtual group if:
- They are in a mandated quarantine
- They have lingering cold symptoms but are well enough to learn
- Continue to be patient and flexible. This year will continue to bring challenges and disappointments but we will get through it together!
You can read through the PTA slides here.
Check out this week’s Caught in the Act Winners
Have a great long weekend!