Dear Steele Families,
This is the time of year when our 2018-2019 school budget is developed. In order to make best budget decisions for our school, it is very important to know the students we can expect to be at Steele next year. Please notify Melissa or Yolanda in the school office if your child, or children, in kindergarten through grade 4 will not be attending Steele next year. Thank you so much!
Over the last two weeks, I have shared our academic strengths and areas of growth as a school. This week I am sharing our plan for meeting the learning needs of all students. Our goal is for Steele to be a place where every student can say:
- I belong in the Steele community.
- I can succeed at whatever challenges I face.
- My ability and competence grow with my effort.
- This work has value for me.
Here are two improvement strategies we are working on:
- To be more intentional in our instruction and to hold ourselves and our students to a high level of accountability.
- To implement and hold each other accountable for the Steele Code in an effort to create and maintain a school culture of strong character, accountability and high achievement.
We are committed to strengthening our partnership with you in an effort to set all of our students up for success at Steele and beyond.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend!