Dear Steele families,
It was great to see so many of you at our first Coffee with the Principal last Friday. One subject that was discussed was a need for clarification about drop off procedures in the morning. These procedures are in place to ensure all students get to school safely. Here you go:
“Kiss n Drop” Marion Parkway
- You may drop students off in the Kiss and Drop Lane from 7:50-8:10.
- The Kiss and Drop lane is marked with signs and orange cones on Marion Parkway in front of the school.
- Drivers must remain in their vehicle at all times.
- Pull ALL THE WAY FORWARD as directed by duty staff and Safety Patrol students.
- In order to keep the lane moving, 3-4 cars can drop off at a time. Please do not let your child out until you are one of the 3-4 cars in the front.
- Students must exit from the passenger side of the vehicle ONLY.
- Please DO NOT PARK in the Kiss and Drop lane or the Bus Lane.
If you are walking to school, or if you park and drop, please remember that once you leave your child must be on the playground so we can ensure they are supervised.
In other news, report cards will be released on November 14th. In order to conserve paper and respect our environment, we are NOT sending paper copies home this year. You can find your child’s report card in the DPS Parent Portal. If you would like a paper copy, please contact your child’s teacher and we’ll happily send one home.
I look forward to seeing you at our Fall Fundraiser tomorrow night! Have a great weekend!