New Parent Checklist
We recognize there is a lot to keep in mind when registering your child at the beginning of the school year. Below is a set of guidelines you need to follow to ensure your readiness for the beginning of the school year. This new parent orientation presentation may also help answer any questions you might have.
- Register your child (2017/2018), and make sure you know who your child’s teacher is.
- Find out how to order school supplies online here.
- Review 2017-2018 Steele events at a glance here.
- Make sure your child’s teacher has your email address or has the information about your preferred contact method.
- Sign up for the Steele Stallion Press weekly email newsletter here.
- Like the Steele Elementary Facebook page here.
- We also have a private Steele Facebook group for Steele parents/legal guardians and staff to ask questions and post notices of interest to the Steele community. Permission is necessary to join this group.
- If you need before or after school care, sign up for Discovery Link by calling 720-424-8293 or visit their website at http://discoverylink.dpsk12.org/.
- If your child will be having hot lunch at Steele, sign up at https://www.myschoolbucks.com.
- List your family’s information in the Steele Directory if you wish. Find out more here.
- Contact DPS transportation if you live in the Steele district, but more than one mile from school, to arrange bus transportation. Their website is http://transportation.dpsk12.org.
- Read a welcome letter from the incoming and outgoing Steele principals here.
- Read a welcome letter from the PTA Executive board here.
- Review some recommendations on how to prepare your child for Kindergarten here.
Questions? See the FAQ page if you require clarification on any of these items, or call the office. Welcome to Steele!