New Parent Checklist
We recognize there is a lot to keep in mind when registering your child at the beginning of the school year. This new parent orientation presentation may also help answer any questions you might have. Below is a set of guidelines you need to follow to ensure your readiness for the beginning of the school year.
- August 20, 21 and 22nd 2018 will be 1/2 days for kindergartners. Pick up will be at 11:30 (students will eat lunch at school). In the afternoons, a 30 minute one on one session will be scheduled for each child.
- Find out how to order school supplies online here.
- Review 2018-2019 Steele events at a glance here.
- Sign up for the Steele Stallion Press weekly email newsletter here.
- Like the Steele Elementary Facebook page here.
- We also have a private Steele Facebook group for Steele parents/legal guardians and staff to ask questions and post notices of interest to the Steele community. Permission is necessary to join this group.
- If you need before or after school care, sign up for Discovery Link by calling 720-424-8293 or visit their website at http://discoverylink.dpsk12.org/.
- If your child will be having hot lunch at Steele, sign up at https://www.myschoolbucks.com.
- Contact DPS transportation if you live in the Steele district, but more than one mile from school, to arrange bus transportation. Their website is http://transportation.dpsk12.org.
- Review some recommendations on how to prepare your child for Kindergarten here and check out this A to Z Kindergarten Readiness chart.
Questions? See the FAQ page if you require clarification on any of these items, or call the office. Welcome to Steele!