New Parent Checklist
We recognize there is a lot to keep in mind when registering your child at the beginning of the school year. This 2019/2020 new parent orientation presentation may also help answer any questions you might have. Below is a set of guidelines you need to follow to ensure your readiness for the beginning of the school year.
- View the Steele Family Handbook here.
- Find out how to order school supplies online here.
- View the 2020-2021 Welcome Packet online here.
- Sign up for the Steele Stallion Press weekly email newsletter here.
- Like the Steele Elementary Facebook page here.
- Check out Steele Elementary on Instagram here.
- We also have a private Steele Facebook group for Steele parents/legal guardians and staff to ask questions and post notices of interest to the Steele community. Permission is necessary to join this group.
- If you need before or after school care, sign up for Discovery Link by calling 720-424-8293 or visit their website at http://discoverylink.dpsk12.org/.
- If your child will be having hot lunch at Steele, sign up at https://www.myschoolbucks.com.
- Contact DPS transportation if you live in the Steele district, but more than one mile from school, to arrange bus transportation. Their website is http://transportation.dpsk12.org.
- Review some recommendations on how to prepare your child for Kindergarten here and check out this A to Z Kindergarten Readiness chart.
Questions? See the FAQ page if you require clarification on any of these items, or call the office. Welcome to Steele!