As we all look forward to starting the new school year during these unprecedented times, Jaime and I look forward to leading a new chapter in the Steele PTA. Steele is a unique public elementary school due to the result of an involved, resourceful PTA community…that means YOU!
This year, more than ever, we need to stay committed and involved so we have the resources to respond to the unique challenges Steele faces this year.
What does the Steele PTA provide?
- A large percentage of the cost of second educators in many classrooms ($175K)
- Additional funding for Specials teachers (Art, Drama, Music, P.E)
- Teacher stipends
- Family programs and Community events: Popsicle Social, Carnival, Dance, Science Fair, Movie Night, Middle School Night, Parent Education Seminars, and more!
- Large school community garden
- Special funding requests (Promethean boards, tech upgrades, auditorium upgrades, permanent art installations)
- Online directory and volunteer website
- Communications: Steele Stallion Press/Extras, Steele Elementary website, Steele PTA website
How in the world do we raise enough money for all of this?! (Yearly PTA goal of $200k) Historically, we have raised money through the following events:
- Fall Fundraiser Parent Party
- Washington Park Home Tour (Spring)
- Steele Stallion Fund, online giving program and/or personal donations
Although the ways we raise money this year will look different due to the unprecedented year we are facing, our legacy of supporting our children and educators will ALWAYS remain the same.
Knowing all of this, WHY wouldn’t you want to get involved? We have opportunities to match with your interests, talents, and time! It takes over 200 volunteers to pull off this magic!
Where to start:
- Welcome packet linked to this email with a lot of information and FAQ’S – much of the information in the packet may not be relevant to the beginning of the school year but we wanted to show our community how a normal school year would look like and all the fun and amazing events we typically have throughout the year!!
- Virtual Back to School Night: August 20, 6pm
- Virtual PTA Meeting: September 8, 6pm – Hear from our Principal and PTA officers, learn about our community, vote on our proposed budget*, and find out how you can BE PART OF IT!! *only paid PTA members are eligible to vote, $10 fee
- Community Garden Evenings: We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting Community Garden Evenings in our amazing Steele Garden that will allow our families to socially distance and safely connect and get to know one another while also helping out in the garden! More info to come!!
- Login to Membership Toolkit to find volunteer opportunities, and sign up to join the online directory
- Pay PTA dues on the Steele PTA Payment website here.
Do not hesitate to reach out to us and we look forward to meeting you all virtually and in person soon enough!!
Steele PTA Co-Presidents, Nisha Ashley and Jaime Livaditis