Dear Steele Families,
I hope you are well and enjoying your summer break. Superintendent Susana Cordova has just released a letter about what next school year will look like. If you haven’t seen the letter you can read it here. As she states in the letter, all DPS schools will resume at full capacity for the 20-21 school year. Families will have the option to choose full remote learning if they are not comfortable sending their children to school at this time. If you choose the remote option your child will still hold their place at Steele.
Please know that the safety of our students and staff is our top priority. I will send a more detailed email in August with Steele’s safety protocols and procedures. Here are some measures that all DPS schools will be taking to keep everyone safe:
- There will be required health screenings of all students and staff before or as they arrive at school.
- Masks will be required inside the school.
- We will adjust class schedules in order to keep groups of students together and limit student movement throughout the day.
- There will be no assemblies or large gatherings, and students will likely eat breakfast and lunch in their classrooms.
- Schools will have supplies of hand sanitizer and soap to allow for frequent hand-washing.
- School facilities will be disinfected regularly.
While there is still a lot to figure out before we are back together in August, I am extremely excited to be able to welcome students back to Steele. Enjoy the rest of your summer. I look forward to seeing you soon!